Peer Help Centre Marketing and Events Supervisor
Position: Marketing and Events Supervisor
Hours of work: 15 hours/week
Wage: $17.00/hour (with increases and benefits per the Collective Agreement)
Reporting to: Peer Help Officer and Director of Services, This position is unionized as an “A-2” position under CUPE 4943.
The Peer Help Centre operates as a peer support service and resource centre. The mandate is to provide the student community with academic, personal, and social support through resource distribution and short-term peer consultation. The services include; tutor referrals, active listening sessions that occur in person or via the Peer Support Phone Line/Chat service, the Mentoring for Youth Program, peer editing, and presentation critique. The Peer Help Centre prides itself in being a resource centre run by students for students.
The UOSU recognizes that there is a profound lack of representation of the needs of mental health and academic support. To begin a process of rectifying this historical issue, the Marketing and Events Supervisor will oversee all marketing and promotional materials, while hosting events related to mental health and academic support. Furthermore, the Marketing and Events Supervisor will advertise the Peer Help Centre through various communication tools in order to raise awareness about the services. This person would work towards better representation for mental health and academic support around our campus and in our Student Union.
- Planning of all the Peer Help Centre services’ events and volunteer appreciation events;
- Orchestration and organization of the Open House Event; and
- Orchestration and organization of all other Peer Help Centre events related to mental health or academic support.
Publicity and Promotion
- Responsible for the external visibility of the Peer Help Centre;
- Work closely with the Centre’s service Supervisors for promotion of their respective services;
- Creating and organizing a yearly event calendar;
- Organization of classroom presentations;
- Writing and distributing a monthly Peer Help Centre mass email; and
- Collect and maintain all Peer Help Centre promotional or related material for archives and portfolio building of the Centre.
- Bi-weekly meetings with the Peer Help Officer;
- Weekly meetings with the Peer Help Centre Staff members;
- Attend all necessary meetings with UOSU and non-UOSU members;
- Coordination with the Director of Communication and the Communication Team; and
- Communication with the Services and Clubs Commissioner.
- Maintain the Peer Help Centre website with the Peer Help Officer;
- Maintain the bulletin board outside and inside the Centre; and
- Review and update the Marketing and Events section of the Transition Report each trimester and submit it to the Peer Help Officer.
- Communication with the Peer Help Officer;
- Receive SafeTalk training upon being hired;
- Administrative duties such as answering e-mails, writing letters, responding to phone calls, writing reports, planning programs, developing resource lists, etc;
- Contribute to the positive image and reputation of the UOSU, promote positivity and professionalism in the UOSU environment; and
- Other related duties.
- Must be a student at the University of Ottawa;
- Bilingualism (French and English) is required – strong written and oral communication skills in both official languages;
- Experience in marketing and coordinating events;
- Studies in communications, marketing or a related field are an asset;
- Leadership, organizational, time management skills;
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams;
- Competency in Canva, Instagram, Facebook and graphic editing applications;
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently;
- Ability to take initiative and resolve problems;
- Basic Active Listening skills is an asset.
- Knowledge of the Peer Help Centre and its services is an asset;
- A strong knowledge of uOttawa is an asset; and
- Knowledge of the UOSU, its services, businesses, clubs, associations and activities is an asset.
Bilingualism in is a mandatory criterion. Please note that the interview will be held in both French and English.
Preference will be given to candidates of equity-seeking groups.
Prospective applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and two (2) references to email@example.com by 11:59 pm on August 8th, 2022. Only applicants invited to interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.