Le mandat du Centre de la fierté
Le Centre de la fierté est un service aux étudiant(e)s qui s'efforce de promouvoir et de représenter une culture d'affirmation par la célébration de la diversité et des choix individuels dans tous les domaines de la vie. Nous représentons les étudiant(e)s de l'Université d'Ottawa qui sont sexuellement positif(ve)s, sexuellement diversifié(e)s, antisexistes, anticolonialistes, antiracistes et anti-capacitiste et qui s'intéressent aux sujets 2SLGBTQ+. En organisant des événements et des programmes, en offrant des ressources et en défendant les intérêts des étudiant(e)s, nous cherchons à créer un environnement de respect et d'acceptation avec nos communautés et nos allié(e)s.
- Drop-in Centre: Our drop-in centre at UCU 215C features several activities for all visitors. Our centre is open to everyone, 2SLGBTQ+ and non-2SLGBTQ+.
- Recurring Weekly Events: We hold events each day at The Pride Centre! Join us for an opportunity to mingle with the community and meet the staff. All are welcome. See our calendar of events below for more details.
- Resources Table: Looking for community resources? At the entrance of our centre, we have an extensive table of 2SLGBTQ+ resources covering a wide variety of topics. Browse through and take any resources you like! Looking for a specific resource? Let staff know and we will do our best to assist.
- Safer Sex Supplies: We offer a variety of free safer sex supplies such as latex and non-latex condoms of various sizes, internal condoms, lube, and dental dams. Pick them up inside the drop-in centre or outside our door in our Safer Sex Supplies Box. Looking for a specific product? Let staff know and we will do our best to assist.
- Active Listening: We offer all students private and confidential active listening sessions in all topics. Our staff are trained in active listening to best address and assist in all subjects from relationships, academics, transitioning, and more. Drop in at any time during our regular hours of operation!
- 2SLGBTQ+ Resource Library: We offer a wide variety of 2SLGBTQ+ books and videos for all uOttawa students. Check out our catalog online at https://uopridecentre.librarika.com/. Have a book you’d like us to stock? Let us know! Have books you’d like to donate? Drop them off during our regular hours of operation or through our book slot at the entrance of our drop-in centre during non-regular business hours.
- “The Closet”: We offer a variety of free, sustainable, second-hand, gender-diverse clothing for all students. Check our regularly rotating rack outside of the drop-in centre or come inside and look at more options. See something you like and want to try it on? We offer a private gender-neutral space to try on clothing at your leisure. Service is supported by The University of Ottawa Free Store along with student donations. Have clothing you’d like to donate? Drop it off at any time during our regular hours of operation!
- The Quiet Room: Need somewhere to study or decompress? We offer a low stimulation, low noise, quiet room attached to the drop-in centre that can be used at any time during our regular hours of operation. This space can also be used as a gender-neutral changing space for our “The Closet” program or as a private breastfeeding area.
- 24/7 Discord Chat: Want to connect with the community? We have an active semesterly Discord Server open to everyone! Talk with fellow 2SLGBTQ+ students at uOttawa and be first to news on events both with The Pride Centre and in the greater Ottawa community.
Volunteering: Interested in volunteering with us? We offer a variety of volunteer placements each semester through the Community Engagement Navigator. We offer EV (Extracurricular Volunteering) hours and/or CSL (Community Service Learning) hours for course-specific volunteering.
Summer Semester 2020
Lundi: 10am – 5pm
Mardi: 10h00 - 17h00
Mercredi: 10h00 - 17h00
Jeudi: 10h00 - 17h00
Vendredi:10h00 - 16h00
Centre universitaire (UCU), pièce 215C