IN CASE OF EMERGENCY
- On campus emergency, call Protection Services at 613-562-5411.
- Off campus emergency, call 9-1-1.
- Peer Help Centre, Call the helpline at 613-783-1380 ext 155; Please note that due to the coronavirus outbreak, the helpline is currently unavailable. To speak with a Peer Help Centre representative, please email email@example.com. https://www.seuo-uosu.com/services/peer-help/
- Empower Me, Call the 24/7 helpline at 1-844-741-6389 to speak directly with a counsellor. http://studentcare.ca/rte/fr/IHaveAPlan_Ottawa_EmpowerMe_EmpowerMe
Please note that due to the coronavirus outbreak, counselling services remain available and will be provided online as of Tuesday, March 17. Please call 613-562-5200 for more information and to book an appointment. https://www.uottawa.ca/wellness/concerned-about-yourself/students/on-campus-help Depending on the Faculty in which you study or your student status, you might have access to different services.
- SASS – Walk-in Counselling Clinic, The clinic in question is located on the 4th floor of 100 Marie-Curie pvt. https://sass.uottawa.ca/en/counselling/walk-in
- Getting started, Consult the list of informational resources and online tools related to mental health to support you https://sass.uottawa.ca/en/counselling/get-started
- TAO (Therapy Assisted online) Subscribe to the TAO platform: https://sass.uottawa.ca/en/counselling/TAO
The uOttawa Health Service also offers a list of hotlines that can be accessed at any time at the following link: https://www.uottawa.ca/health/services/mental-health
EXTERNAL ASSISTANCE RESOURCES
- Good2Talk, To communicate with Good2Talk you can either: Text “GOOD2TALKON” to 686868; orCall the Good2Talk helpline at 1-866-925-5454 or 2-1-1 and by asking to speak to Good2Talk. https://good2talk.ca/
- Mental Health Crisis Line, Operates year-round 24/7 at 613-722-6914 within Ottawa or 1-866-996-0991 outside of Ottawa
- Ontario residents, Call TeleHealth at 1-866-797-0000 to speak directly to a nurse.
- Quebec residents, Call Info-Santé by dialling 8-1-1 to speak directly to a nurse.