ACTION PLAN FOR WRITING THE REPORT ON CAMPUS MENTAL HEALTH
Mental Health has recently been put under the portfolio of the Advocacy Commissioner, Sam Schroeder. As such, the Advocacy Commissioner will write a report that will outline the UOSU’s strategic plan for addressing the mental health crisis on campus. This report will be presented to the Board of Directors at the meeting on March 15, 2020.
INITIAL STUDENT CONSULTATION
This report must be the result of thorough consultations. The UOSU is to complete these consultations over the course of the next month. It will entail 3 different avenues for students to communicate their views and suggestions regarding mental health on campus:
- Mental Health on Campus Consultation Google Form: We will make a google form available for students to comment on the problems with mental health on campus and to propose solutions. This form will close for review on the 28th of February, 2020.
- This is the link to the Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScqlAEHDT0La8ISOxR_QGVqqGw1GQ8Ob0rQJ35uX_xMx0r_mg/viewform?usp=sf_link
- UOSU Town Hall: The UOSU has a Town Hall scheduled for February 27th at 6pm in the UCU Agora. We will have a large portion of the time in that Town Hall dedicated to listening to students on what they would like to see done by the UOSU on mental health. We will encourage students to share where they see the gaps on campus, and what solutions they would like to see to address those gaps.
- 1-1 Student Consultation: This event would be held on Monday, February 24th, and again on Friday, February 28th (both from 8am to 3pm). Students will be able to book 15 minute time slots to come to the Advocacy Commissioner’s office and discuss mental health on campus. This will allow students to go into even more detail about what problems they see with mental health on campus, and even more importantly, it will allow them to elaborate further on the solutions that are available to the UOSU, the University, and the Province of Ontario.
- The link for scheduling these appointments is as follows: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/selfsched?sstoken=UUY3ZmRnbFhKaXpXfGRlZmF1bHR8YTVlYzU4Yzc5MjViMjM0YmU0NDE5N2JiNTgyMmQ4MjI
FIRST DRAFT OF THE REPORT
After the first round of student consultations through the channels mentioned above, the Advocacy Commissioner will write the first draft of the report. This will be completed by Sunday, March 1st. It will be made available to the public, and sent specifically to the Advocacy Committee. The committee will then meet to review the draft on March 3rd. There will also be a google form made available with the report for students to make their comments. The Advocacy Commissioner will continue to receive feedback until Friday, March 6th. At which time they will draft the second version of the report. This draft will be sent to the Board of Directors no later than Sunday, March 8th at noon (One week prior to the BOD meeting).
- February 14th – Mass Email to go to Students with the Mental Health on Campus Consultation google form, the the date for the town hall, and information on the 1-1 Student consultation days.
- February 24th – First 1-1 Student Consultation Day
- February 27th – UOSU Town Hall Discussion on Mental Health
- February 28th – Second 1-1 Student Consultation Day
- February 28th – Last day to submit Mental Health on Campus Consultation Google Form
- March 1st – First Draft of the Report to be made available to students.
- March 1st – Google form to be made available to allow students to comment on the first draft of the report.
- March 6th – Last day to submit Comments on the First Draft of the Report through the google form.
- March 8th – Final Report to be sent to the Board of Directors.
- March 15th – Report to be reviewed for approval by the Board of Directors.