Apply to be one of UOSU’S INTERIM COMMISSIONERS!
Are you passionate about one of the following:
- Planning social events and contributing to improving the student life on campus;
- Doing equity-building work and advocating on behalf of marginalized students
This is your chance! Apply to be one of UOSU’s interim Commissioners. The vacant positions are the following:
Tasks include directing and overseeing the planning and execution of 101 week along with organizing social events for members as appropriate. Compensation will include a salary of 31k per year for approximately 35 hours of work per week.
Tasks include directing and overseeing the equity-building work of the UOSU, advocating on behalf of marginalized students and working to prevent and remedy unjust discrimination at the University of Ottawa. Compensation will include a salary of 31k per year for approximately 35 hours of work per week.
Note: these positions aren’t limited to just these tasks.
The candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be passive bilingual or preferably active bilingual
- Must be an undergraduate student at the University of Ottawa
- Must not be a full-time student, according to section 5.10.1 of the UOSU constitution
- This shall not apply to executives who are international students or to executives enrolled in faculties that do not permit part-time studies.
- Must not have served more than two (2) terms as an executive.
- Must have a general knowledge of the internal structure and functioning of the UOSU, including its committees and its constitution.
- Consult the document below and the UOSU website for information about the matter.
How? Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by May 2nd, 2020, outlining what you would like to accomplish as the interim Commissioner of your choice.
Find the constitutional mandate of both positions in the document below!
Please note, the interim Commissioners will be selected by the Board of Directors based on the recommendation of the Selection Committee. The chosen candidate’s term will last from early May until the October by-election.
It is worth noting that the French version of the Constitution is not currently available. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Further questions about any of the positions? Feel free to send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org; we would be more than happy to provide further information!